Saturday, July 23, 2011

How to configure your Vertu Constellation Quest to get Corporate Gmail

Fed5815343ab484ab9140d1622fc494d_6
I have been searching the web for a long time to get this to work, and I have finally got it.

  • Use the Email Wizard to and choose Gmail
  • Choose - Mail for Exchange
  • Mailbox settings:
    • User name - username@domainname.com.xx
    • Server name - m.google.com - even though your Corp Gmail might be imap
    • Domain - google
    • Secure Connection - Yes
    • Port Number - 443 even though it maybe 993
  • Personal Information Manager
    • Applications
    • Calendar
      • Calendar Sync - Yes
      • Initial Sync - Keep items on phone
    • Contacts - doesn't seem to work
      • Contact Sync - Yes
      • Initial Sync - Keep items on Phone
    • To-do sync
      • To-do sync - NO (VERY IMPORTANT to choose NO)
      • Initial sync - Delete
      • Sync completed to-dos - NO

I hope you get it to work.  Very frustrating.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment